Improve your experience. We are very sorry but this website does not support Internet Explorer. We recommend using a different browser that is supported such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Help Seeking Skills for Students A MADD workshop with MADD Messenger encouraging, equipping and empowering our rangatahi / young people to seek help. A significant aspect of resilience is self awareness, self alertness, knowledge of help resources, connections and confidence to express their need for help. We use Music, Art, Drama and Dynamic Communications to convey these very powerful messages. a private workshop for 30+ students
The AOK Hero workshop develops student resilience to effectively deal with tough times. The workshop objectives:
1. Self-acceptance - Rangatahi realise how important they are to our communities and how valuable their contributions are.
2. The importance of protecting themselves and having strategies to be able to manage overwhelming, life threatening events such as depression, suicide, self-harm, abuse, rape etc.
3. Understand self-talk that is destructive and ascertain strategies to cope with destructive self-talk.
4. Self-awareness of events that could impact on them adversely and being aware of their own signs or cries for help
5. Identify who they can connect within their community, whanau, peers, school to be able to access help
6. As a peer, being alert to someone’s cry for help and know how to connect them to someone who can help in the school, community, sports, church etc
This workshop is designed for those ‘seeking help’ and those ‘giving help’ within the school setting.